Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Wig

I failed to capture all of the things Carla tried on at the Catholic Hospital last week other than the black curly wig.  This morning Carla went to Sunday School and Church with me.  She wore the wig she got last week.  I think it resembles her original hair quite well.


Carla's new Do

In reading this blog, Carla reminded me that I hadn't mentioned about her kids, Carissa and Ed, visiting us in Little Rock at Thanksgiving.  Here is a picture of Ed and Carissa with their Mom in the 7C ward of the hospital.  You can see the black bag that Carla carried around for four days.  It had two IV pumps in the bag.  Each of the bags contained two of the chemo chemicals.  So in all, she had four chemo chemicals by IV and than had Thalidomide and Dexamethosone by tablet each of those four days.


Ernie, Carissa, Ed and Carla

The Northwest Logo on the shirt also reminded me that I never mentioned that the Northwest Missouri Bearcat Football team won the NCAA Divison II national championship a week ago.  This was their fifth consecutiv national champtionship game but their first since their '98 and '99 championships.

This Christmas my daughter Sandy and her husband and five kids plan to visit us this Wednesday and then Ed plans to visit us for a few days around New Years.  My sister has gracious agreed to keep our cat until Carla completes her myeloma therapy.  We didn't have time to do anything with Miss Kitty before going to Little Rock.  She did very well but it is difficult to have a cat around when Carla was neutropenic and it complicates the search for available apartments.  I plan to drive Miss Kitty to Nebraska near New Years.  I really appreciate Karan's offer to take Miss Kitty.

Hanging out in Little Rock apartment

Carla and I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!  We appreciate all the prayers on our behalf.


No comments:

Post a Comment